Meet the amazing women who handcraft each bag you #carryyourstories in your travels & everyday. In honor of National Women's History month we asked our sewers a series of questions so you can get to know the even cooler personalities behind their sewing talents.
Nikki: Designer & Factory Manager
Why did you come work for Treason? Aaron scouted me from our old job we used to work for and I was more than willing to jump at the chance. I eat and sleep bags, so as a designer myself I saw Aaron and Jason’s dream as more than a bag company, but an opportunity of a lifetime to see this baby grow from scratch to a multi million dollar company.
What inspires you to create these products? I was born to do this, lol! I literally have been designing everything from bags to cars since I was seven.
What do you do when you're not working for Treason? My life is fashion. I have my own clientele to cater to as well as working on my own line of handbags.
If you chose a # or emoji that describes you best, what would it be? *ROCKSTARwoman* I was told by my fabulous coworker/brother/nutritionist that this would be me, because I’m “creative”, lol.
- What's your favorite Treason product to make and why? All of them! I’ve been apart of this adventure from the beginning. My hands, blood, sweat and love went into every bag that was created I take great pride in what we do here.
1. Why did you come work for Treason? I came to work for Treason for a variety of reasons. I immediately clicked with Aaron and Jason and loved their enthusiasm and passion for their budding company. There's a risk with dropping everything for a startup, but so much room for growth and a great untapped potential. Also, we played Pokemon Go at my interview so I knew it was meant to be.
2. What inspires you to create these products? Every time we explore a new color way or create a new product, I get super excited to share it with our customers. Sure the daily grind is a lot of work to churn it all out, but seeing how passionate everyone is about our products makes it all worth it!
3. What do you do when you're not working for Treason? When I'm not working for Treason, I have quite the unusual and colorful life! I take a bit of time off almost every month with a group of friends to volunteer in costume at children's hospitals. On the weekends I work on new costume builds, arrange photoshoots for my creations, or perform for birthday parties as a princess. Costuming is my passion for sure! My work can be found at instagram.com/becky_taka
4. If you chose a # or emoji that best describes you, what would it be? An emoji that best describes me would be the little rat. There's a rat emoji, right? Ok, its probably supposed to be a mouse, but rats are my spirit animal. They're cunning, extremely social, good problem solvers and super cute too! (As long as they're not jumping out in front of you from a trash can or something.)
5.What's your favorite Treason product to make and why? My favorite Treason product is the utility pouch. I can use it for literally everything! From makeup, to art supplies, and even as a clutch purse; the utility pouch is great for someone on the go, but still wants to be stylish. Also, they come in colors to match all my costumes and outfits!
- Why did you come work for Treason? I wanted to work at Treason because there is no other place like it in Baltimore. I’ve got an obsession with methods of carrying and I wanted to learn more about the construction of bags from people who have the same focus I do.
- What inspires you to create these products? Knowing that people are out there who need these bags inspires me to make them. We all get giddy when we run into people on the streets that are wearing a bag that we know we helped build.
- What do you do when you're not working for Treason? When I’m not at Treason I am working on my own project called, Under+Over. I think having a side hustle is the only way you can stay active nowadays both mentally and economically.
- If you chose a # or emoji that best describes you, what would it be? I go back and forth between the cardboard box and the black hole. Both seem a little lame (lol) but how happy does getting a package make you?! Really happy. And the black hole is full of mystery and I like that:)
- What's your favorite Treason product to make and why? Right now my favorite product is the biddle because my mom has one and I know she uses it everyday. However….exciting things are happening at Treason so my choice may change in the future!